Wednesday, November 05, 2014

A Red Stripey Dress

Recently I had a bit of a fitting nightmare with a pattern and woven fabric - which made me want to make stuff from stretch fabric ALL THE TIME instead! (no fitting dramas).

I decided to use this red stripey fabric that I bought on one of our WSBN trips to Levana and the Moneta pattern that I've had sitting around for a while.

This is my second Moneta dress, I will blog about the first version I made sometime soon. The first version I made I didn't pay too much attention to the length of the bodice (which I usually do as I have quite a long torso) and it ended up being a baby doll dress, which isn't my normal style, but I can work with it.

The dress came out surprisingly well with surprisingly little effort (yah for no fitting dramas). The waist line is a little wonky, but I can live with that, I can also cover it up with a belt - but I don't have any that work with this dress. Next mission - find perfect belt.
  
This dress is all kinds of comfortable, I basically want a wardrobe full on stretch fabric dresses now. I need more stretch fabric in my stash (I mostly have woven fabric). 
Plus it ALMOST looks like a grown ups dress - perhaps I can wear it to important meetings, if I have important meetings.
Hope you have all had good week so far - I'm off to search my stash for more stretch fabrics!
 

7 comments:

Kura Carpenter said...

Ah, the hunt for the perfect belt, as illusive as a unicorn ;)

Sandra said...

Jeez I was saying just that on Tuesday this week - maybe I should just sew knit coz this sleeve fitting is doing my head in! I do like this dress on you - the perfect belt and you're ready for every meeting not just the important ones :-)

Vix said...

That looks fab, a great fit (even if you don't feel it is!) and the colour really suits you. xxx

Curtise said...

Love that dress, gorgeous colour and fabulous stripes! xxx

Monsterchen said...

what a great dress! red and stripes and everything nice i like;)
oh yes i love stretchy fabrics too, but like you i almost only own woven fabrics.
kiss,mary

Johanna said...

So great! I love how easy knits are. Fitting is such a pain! Enjoy wearing it, and yes to finding a belt!

Anonymous said...

Love the colour on you! This is really cute. And I'm in awe of your selfie skills. You photograph so well!