Friday, May 16, 2014

Dr Who Swap

I recently finished up another swap on Craftster - this time it was a theme close to my own geeky heart, Dr Who. The name of the swap was actually "My favourite Doctor" which meant you had to craft a few things based around your partners favourite elements on the show. For example - favourite Doctor, favourite monster, favourite quote and favourite episode.

Here's what I made for the swap for my partner - two cross-stitches which were created by Rich.

Her favourite monsters are cybermen, so it only seemed right I made her a cyberman cross-stitch, this guy is a little bit friendlier that the average cyberman.
My partner was also a big fan of the tardis - so I made her a tardis cross stitch. Home is in fact, where the tardis is!
What did I receive in the swap - well as some of you know,  my favourite doctor is Tom Baker, so first up I received a Tom Baker scarf!

I also got this tee shirt with my favourite Tom Baker quote, although I'm considering turning it into a hoop to display. What do you guys think?

Finally, I recieved this pretty amazing bag - my favourite Dr Who monsters are ood, so I think this is pretty great!


8 comments:

Curtise said...

Excellent gifts, on both sides. Love the cross stitch, and the bag is inspired! xxx

Vix said...

The cross stitch is brilliant and so's your Dr Who scarf! x

Krista said...

Your cross stitches are bad ass! You really got some cute stuff. I say frame the t-shirt you got, it will look cute up on your wall.
XXOOOO

Kura Carpenter said...

Just when I think the limits of awesomeness have been scaled, you bring out the cross stitch big guns

Penny-Rose said...

What an awesome exchange. I love the cross stitch cyber men. I think Tom Baker is my favourite too. As for the tee shirt I would wear it until it is a really soft and worn in and then make it into a cushion cover.

Unknown said...

Ahh all of those are so cute and funny :D! Love them, especially I will not delete you.. haha <3
Are you still planning to go to Helsinki?

Anonymous said...

They're ALL awesome! I love what you made, and what you received. Fantastic!

alicia said...

i always love your stitching! one day...

so happy you got the dr. who scarf! <3 <3 <3