Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge - Brown

Yesterday's wardrobe challenge was brown and I decided it was time for another new frock so I made this one from fabric I bought ages ago at Opportunity for Animals - it was an epic day of op shopping, I picked up so much cheap and awesome fabric that day.
This dress is yet another pattern from Chic and Simple sewing, I think that book is basically one of the best investments I have ever made - best "on holiday" purchase ever - thanks bookstore in Singapore. Ignore all the bags of fabric in the picture - I am in serious need of more storage!

I am especially excited about this dress as someone stopped me in the street at lunch time to tell me how much they liked it. I still feel very much like a novice sewer and sometimes I worry that the things I make don't look right - so to have a comment from a complete stranger like that was pretty rad.
I haven't worn my "crocodile" shoes for a while - so I thought it was time they see the light of day. Unfortunately the weather seems to be getting cooler and cooler, pretty soon I'm sure the only footwear I'll want to wear is my boots.
I decided I needed to wear my red cardi with this outfit as there is only so much brown a girl can wear in one outfit.

OUTFIT DEETS:

Dress - Made by me - fabric op shopped and pattern from Simple and Chic sewing
Cardi - Glassons
Belt - Valley Girl
Tights - I think Glassons, but I'm not entirely sure!
Shoes - Number 1 Shoes
Necklace - Equipt
Brooch - Made by a friend

9 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

Hiya, I think the dress is great and the red cardi works so well. I like that the brooch also is made of houndstooth fabric - it all matches very nicely.

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Great outfit....the dress looks great on you & it's a lovely shade of brown. Love the brooch & cardy as well. Gotta love a random compliment from a stranger! Xx

Julia said...

That dress is just gorgeous! You're becoming quite the talented seamstress.
The fabric looks lovely with your cute red cardi too

two squirrels said...

Oh cute wee dress, you lookl great in it and I love the red Cardy too!!!! Brown and red together are fabulous.
Love v

Natalie Leung said...

oh really cute top! like your floral touch :)


natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

cb said...

you are so amazing. the dress is so great on you and i love the little pattern on it. keep it up lady!
xo,
cb

Vix said...

It's a beautiful dress, no wonder you got complimented. Love it with the cute cardi and sweet corsage brooch. x

Camelia Crinoline said...

It looks great. The shape is really nice and I love the print. I'm not usually into brown but this may have changed my mind.

Stacey said...

I adore this dress & the matching brooch! Brown can be a very hard colour to wear & you've done it so well.